Harvest Baptist Church believes in the verbal, plenary inspiration of both the Old and the New Testaments. We believe the Bible to be the inerrant, infallible Word of God. It was given by God to man through inspiration and is the final authority in faith and life. We believe that inerrancy is limited to the original manuscripts.
II Tim 3:16, II Pet. 1:21
We believe the King James Bible to be the perfectly preserved word of God for English speaking people around the world today. This Bible is our final authority on all matters.
* We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
* We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God.
* We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit.
* We believe in Heaven and Hell, Heaven being the eternal abode of God, Hell or the Lake of fire is the eternal conscious punishment of those who reject Jesus Christ and die in their
* We believe that Angels are ministering spirits sent forth by God to minister to the saints. We believe that Satan was a created Angel who sinned, was judged and took many angels with him. The fallen angels are now in active opposition to God and His work in this world.Satan is the great enticer and deceiver, the accuser of the brethren, whose end, along with the other fallen angels, is the lake of fire.
* We believe that man was created perfect and without sin or a sin nature. Man was created in the image of God. We believe that sin entered the human race through Adam and sin has now passed on to all. Mans only hope is to be born again by the Spirit of God.
* We believe that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures as our substitute. That salvation is received wholly by faith apart from works. We believe that upon receiving Jesus Christ as Savior, that every believer is given a new nature that is separate and distinct from the old nature. That both natures reside in the believer and that it is the believers responsibility to yield to the new nature. We believe that all who receive Jesus Christ by faith are eternally secure in Christ.
* We believe that the Church is composed of all those who since Pentecost have placed their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We also believe in the ministry and importance of the Local Church. That God has established the authority of the local church, that it is to be independent and autonomous from outside authority.
* We believe that there are only two ordinances for the local church. Both Baptism and the Lord's Supper are to be a part of the local church until Jesus Christ comes for His church.
* We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just, at the rapture and the unjust following the 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ on the earth.
* We believe that the Bible teaches both personal and ecclesiastical separation from the world. That we are to live in this world and yet not of the world.
* We believe that God is sovereign in the bestowment of His gifts, that the gifts of evangelists, pastors, and teachers are sufficient for the perfection of the saints today; and that speaking in tongues and the working of sign miracles were used to authenticate the early church and gradually passed away as the New Testament was completed.
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Harvest Baptist Church
200 Oakmont Drive
Georgetown, KY 40324
Copyright © 2018 harvest baptist church - All Rights Reserved.